Monday, March 27, 2017

Week 10 Reading Notes: Hindu Legends, Part A

This week I chose to read a story that is about Hindu Legends. I was immediately drawn to this topic because I find it very interesting. After clicking on it I decided to go forward and reading part A.

I have had a friend that used to live in India and my Aunt visits there as much as she can, and from the pictures there are always cows! Even in the movies, there are always cows! I knew that they were sacred in India but I never knew why. The Sacred Cow story will be very interesting for me to read as I discover its importance.


It is fascinating to read how they praise the cow. It is very different then anything I grew up reading, so I can understand how the people in India truly believe that cows are sacred. The cow is treated like a King! Getting fresh fruit and getting to sit in the best grass. I think that a fun idea for a story would be to transfer the cow’s sacredness to America. If I saw a cow walking around the city then I would think it was a little strange, and that is the point of the story! It would follow Americans as they realize that the cows are becoming more important in their lives and that they must respect the cow. At the end of the story the streets of America would be like India today. They would not eat beef and honor the cow in everything that they do. This would be a major culture change to what America is today.



Bibliography: The Indian Story Book written by Richard Wilson, online source

No comments:

Post a Comment