Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8 Reflections

So far I feel as if my reading notes for each week are pretty strong. They describe what is going on then go into how I can use that in my own story. Usually I use these ideas myself for the story due each week. A way to improve my reading notes would be to write more. I find myself writing 300 words then writing up the blog, but if I put more time into it I can have more ideas. This would then allow me to have more options for writing a story. Options are a big part for me. If I feel forced to write a certain way then I don't feel connected to it. If I have different types of stories I can write, then I can find the best one for me and go from there.

Everyone is a writer

I have mentioned this is some story planning posts, but I am trying to write different styles of stories. I often find myself writing love stories. I want to explore the different styles that are offered. This will allow me to grow as a writer and gain more experience. I am very happy with where my story book is at the moment. I think that my introduction is fun and interesting and I hope that my readers feel the same way. I am looking forward to writing my stories and see the finished product at the end of the semester!

One of my favorite parts of each weeks assignments is to read other peoples stories. I like to see how creative people can get. We all read the same thing each week, so it is really interesting to see how they interpreted it and how they think about the content that was assigned. Reading these stories also allows me to see what to avoid. I try to stay away from too much dialogue. I also try to stay away from really long paragraphs. When I read stories that have big chunks for paragraphs, it gets tiring and draining for the reader. Either add some pictures to divide it up or make smaller paragraphs! This class is able to allow the readers and writer to grow every week, and I really admire that!

No comments:

Post a Comment