Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8 Growth Mindset

I think that the Growth Mindset is a very important part of learning and education. Last semester one of my teachers stressed the idea of a growth mindset rather than a fixed one. I found this particularly interesting. I learned a lot about myself. I learned that it always possible to grow and just because you fail, does not mean that you should stop trying. The key is to learn from your mistakes and maybe approach the situation differently and you will grow.
growing like a plant 

I often find myself procrastinating on assignments. This lowers my growth mindset in the sense that I am not achieving my fullest potential. When I wait until the last minute, I cram the work in and may not learn as much from the assignments. This is damaging my education and mindset. Instead, I should work in advance and truly learn from the assignments.

Another thing I often find myself focusing on is that I want things done correctly the first time. If it is not, then I get upset and think I can not do the assignment. This is not true. Pushing yourself to be the best student you can is important, but it is also important to learn from your mistakes and go from there.

I really enjoy the way that this class is set up. It allows me to make my own schedule and grow from my experiences from week to week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah! I too struggle with procrastination and it is a very big problem. I have to make a schedule for myself or I just put everything off until the last minute. I also like the way the class is set up. It really helps to make my own schedule so I get my work done in a timely and well structured manner.

    ReplyDelete