Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Week 7 Story Planning: Bhima's Choice


For the readings this week, I had a lot of options that I thought would be great stories. My favorite idea was telling the story as it is in The Indian Heroes, but from the character’s point of view, rather than a narrater. I think that this would add a lot to the story. It would be fun and allow me to be really creative with what I think that the character is thinking. The story I am talking about is when Prince Duryodhan and Prince Bhima are mace fighting. Bhima is getting beat pretty badly, but he is waiting for his strong chance to knock out Duryodhan. This happens when Duryodhan lets his guard down and Bhima strikes him in the thigh and the match is over.

I had to research a bit on what a mace is. I first thought of the mace pepper spray, but the characters are using a weapon. A mace is “a blunt weapon…that uses a heavy head on the end of a handle to eliver powerful blows” (wikipedia). This information made the story a lot clearer about the weapons used.


Like I previously mentioned, I would tell the story from a character’s point of view. This character would be Bhima. I would make him an underdog and have him come out on top (this happens in the story). Bhima would know that he could defeat Duryodhan, it would just take tremendous courage. On the other hand, Duryodhan wound be over confident and think that he has the fight in the bag. He would soon find out the results.

Writing a story like this would be different for me. I have switched up narration before, but I usually write a whole new story and use the story source as a guide. This would not be the case for this story. I would be following exactly what happens, but add a little bit of my own flare to it. I think that this would be fun and allow me to try new styles of writing. I find that very important so I am looking forward to writing this story!

Bibliography:

The Indian Heroes by C.A. Kincaid, online source


Mace (Weapon), wikipedia

2 comments:

  1. I think this would be a great idea for a story! I had never thought much about telling a story from the point of view of a character, but I agree that this would add a lot of flare to the story. It will be really cool to see how you are able to spice up this overall story by adding a new element to it with your own style. I look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the narrative switch is a great idea. It would give you the opportunity to really make it action packed. Seeing the story from a warriors eye's is like being in the battle yourself. I feel like it would really help the reader understand that particular character more and his/her place in the plot. I am excited to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete