Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Reading Notes: The Indian Heroes, Part B


When the story talks about the plans for the princess being burned to keep the prince at ease, I could tell that something big was about to happen. The way the words blended together made it appear that a hero would soon emerge and save the princess. This is exactly what happened. I like how when they told her that she would burn with the man, she kept a straight face and showed no emotion. She was strong and knew to not show weakness. I think that this is important when telling stories. Women are sometimes viewed as props and they are so overflowed with emotion that they can not behave in normal ways. This is sort of the opposite of that. I like that. I could write a story where the main character is a female and she is very proud and does not have emotion, at least it appears to some people. The reader would soon find out that there is one man she has a weakness for. I would change up the original story and make her choose herself over the man.



The mace fight between Prince Duryodhan and Prince Bhima is really interesting. I think that Bhima was very smart to take the hits, but wait for his opportunity to give the final blow. Bhima waiting to his Duryodhan’s thigh bone won him the match. I think that writing a story based on this section of the book would be really interesting. I could write the story from one of the character’s point of view. It would be really interesting because I could create a voice for what the character is feeling and thinking on the inside. If I were to do this, I would choose to write from Bhima’s perspective. It kind of seems like an underdog story, and who doesn’t like an underdog. This fight is on page 124 and on. This will be important to follow because I need to make sure I get details correct when interpreting the story from my mind.



Bibliography: The Indian Heroes by C.A. Kincaid, online source

No comments:

Post a Comment