Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Reading Notes: Public Domain Mahabharata, Part D


I have noticed that there are a lot of fights that occur in the Mahabharata. It seems as if this is one of the first things that comes into every character’s head. It is almost like they think that if a conflict needs to be resolved then fighting is the best way to do that. I could write a story where there is a large fight scene. This would accurately display the level of fighting in the Mahabharata. Conflict is resolved by fists.


For my storybook I am writing about Curses. I have found a part of the Mahabharata that would be good to use for my storybook. It is the chapter “Abhimanyu and Jayadratha”. I could also practice writing a story on a curse this week.
 “May the curse of a father and the vengeance of a warrior smite the murderers of my boy!”
This quote is powerful. It shows the true emotion that a father feels for his slain son. It seems as if Arjuna will dedicate his life to avenge the death of his son. This is never a good thing for a character to do, but it does mean there is a good story coming! I could write a story where a family member is devastated by the death of another family member and the only way that they can cope is to find the perpetrator and hurt them. This would still be a story of love, but it would involve so much more. It is more of a protective and long lasting love rather than an affectionate love. This would allow me to have more experience writing different stories. It would contain action and some gruesome details. I would probably make it modern day. It seems as if nothing can break the bond and love that a parent has for a child.

Bibliography:

Public Domain Mahabharata written by Mackenzie and Nivedita, online source

No comments:

Post a Comment