Monday, February 27, 2017

Reading Notes: The Indian Heroes, Part A

When the story talks about the girl that King Drupada saw, there is so much visualization here. I am really able to see the what the girl looks like and how her beauty comes across to the people that she meets. This girl was soon named Krishna but was called Draupadi. I like the way that the author writes about them meeting for the first time. She just appears and King Drupada is in awe of her beauty. I think that I could write a story with this idea in mind. I think that I could add a lot of my own flare to it as well. Instead of it being a beautiful woman, I could make a person fall deeply in love with an inanimate object. I think that this would add a sense of humor to the story. I feel like adding humor to stories help because it is easier on the reader. I also feel as if you can add a lot more detail to the story when writing comedy into the story.

inamimate object to be in love with


“So perforce they stayed within, hoping that a good chance would come to them, by which they might escape” This is when the princes are stuck. They need to escape but they do not know how. They are just waiting for the right time. This kind of reminds me of The Wizard of Oz when Dorothy is captured in the witch’s castle. She must find a way out. But if she is caught, she will most likely die! I could do a lot with a story like this. Using the quote would allow me to be very creative. I could use as much imagination as I desire. It would probably be along the lines of
The Wizard of Oz idea. This is something that people are very familiar with, so it would be recognizable to everyone. But with this, I would add my own flare so that it is not too predictable.




Bibliography: The Indian Heroes by C.A. Kincaid, online source

No comments:

Post a Comment