Sunday, February 12, 2017

Feedback Focus



After trying all three techniques, I would rank them in the following order: reading out loud, using a timer, copy-and-delete. This is a list from highest to lowest. I like the reading out loud and using a timer almost the exact same, but I was not a big fan of the copy-and-delete option. 

The copy-and-paste option was helpful because I could take a brief pause and digest what was happening and write my own opinions down before continuing. Doing this allowed me to fully invest in the story. A down side of this technique is that it takes much longer to do. By copying and pasting a few paragraphs at a time then writing my own thought will add minutes to reading a single story each week. I could not see myself using this technique in the future. 

Image expressing Why Dog and Cat are Enemies

After reading “Why Dog and Cat are Enemies” out loud, I noticed I was able to express the words the way that the author most likely intended. I enjoyed reading it out loud! I was truly able to understand everything that was going on and not have any parts skipped over. If I mixed up some words, I could go back and read it slower to make sure I fully understand the situation. In the past, I have used this method before. I think that reading stories out loud will help with leaving comments in the future. 

Using the timer technique was helpful because I was to focus straight for ten minutes, and in these ten minutes I must fully commit. This was a little more difficult than I thought it would be. I had to be creative with my left over time. I read the story a second time and then visited the original story the author used. This is a good technique for leaving comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment