Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Favorite Place: A Peaceful Paradise

Nassau, Bahamas: Wikimedia Commons

My family has a tradition that after one of the kids graduates high school, they get to choose the family vacation. At the moment that my parents declared this "rule" I knew exactly where I wanted to go. My vacation spot was going to be The Bahamas. I had always dreamed of staying at the Atlantis resort and swimming with dolphins. Lucky for me, this dream came true.

Nassau has the most peaceful blue-green water that sparkles from the suns rays. It looked so serene and I couldn't believe that I was in the crystal clear water. I enjoyed laying at the beach and snorkeling with my family. I even got to go down the Mayan Temple slide (pictured below). I had never been on a slide like that before and I remember screaming "Oh my God!" as I slid down. My favorite part of the trip was swimming with dolphins at a dolphin reserve. We put on our wetsuits and got into the water and had an experience like no other. I knew I loved dolphins before this encounter, but after I really loved them! They were so sweet, gentle, and well trained.  You could tell that they all had different personalities and it truly showed. As the trip came to an end, I was able to see how lucky I am to have such a great family that values adventure and spending time together. Without them, my life would be a lot more boring!

(Image Information: a personal photo of me and my sister)

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, I really enjoyed reading about your favorite place. I have never been to the Bahamas but definitely want to travel there at some point in my life. I have stayed at the Atlantis in Dubai and I can say it is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. There was so many things to do and see all on the resort which was so awesome!

    ReplyDelete