Thursday, January 19, 2017

Storybook Favorites

A Daily Recount of My Ruff Life
This Storybook is about a dog, named Mercedes, and her life. Throughout the story book, it switches from the owner’s perspective to the dog’s perspective. I am unfamiliar to this topic. I have never read any of Aesop’s Fables. I like the creative freedom that the author takes when writing from the dog’s point of view. Just from the title you can assume that the storybook is about a dog because of the word “ruff”. This gives a clue as to what the reader will be in for! The introduction was great. The author has created a fun storybook that will be interesting to read because who doesn’t like dogs?! This idea is innovative and original. The author incorporates plenty of pictures which is great. I like the design of the layout because it is simple and you can easily find a new story to read.


A Maine Coons Life in a Hawaiian World
This storybook is about a Maine coon named Phylix. The stories are based around Hawaiian folk stories. I am not familiar with any Hawaiian folk tales so this storybook will be interesting to read. I like that it will be told from the cat’s point of view. The introduction does a great job of discussing what the topic is and how the author can transform those tales to modern day cat stories. It is creative to have it from the cat’s point of view and that opens up a lot of doors. I like the names of the others stories that are incorporated in the storybook. It is simply all about Phylix and her introduction to a Hawaiian world (hence the title). I like the sitemap at the bottom of the side menu as this creates another option to easily find all of the stories.


The Villains' Side

This storybook is about the Big Bad Wolf, Evil Queen from Snow White, and Helena from Hansel and Gretel. I have heard of all of these stories before. They are classics! I have just never heard of them from the villains’ side. This is a cool concept! The title did a good job of telling what the storybook was about because it is named “The Villains’ Side”. The introduction does a great job of explaining the topic and explaining what the stories will be about. The author added a twist by making it from the opposing side of what we are used to hearing. The layout is simple but effective. It is easy to navigate and easy to see where to go to next. In my storybook, I want my page to be easy to navigate like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment