Sunday, January 22, 2017

Time Strategies!

I would say that I am decent at managing my time. I always get my work done in a timely matter, it just may be completed at a time later than I had originally planned. After reading 11 Ways Unsuccessful People Mismanage Their Time, I was able to see some ways to help me be better at time management.

The title of the article I read seemed a little harsh, but it was very informational and I am glad I chose to read this article! I can relate to quite a few of the examples in the article. The first one I noticed is the section about keeping a good record. I usually take notes in my phone to what I need to accomplish that day, but this is not the best strategy. I plan on going to Target and buying a nice planner so I can physically write in it and make it an important part in planning my day. Another example I related to was about procrastination. I tend to work ahead on most things, but when I don't it bites me in the butt. This semester I have noticed that most of my assignments for all of my classes are due on Sunday, so it will be very important to get work finished ahead of time so I am not cramming at the end of my weekend. An interesting part of the article says "They don't have rituals". This refers to getting up and have your daily cup of coffee or anything along those lines. I often find myself playing my day by ear rather than following the same exact routine. This week I will try to begin a ritual (such as treating myself to Starbucks after class) and see if this improves my time management!


In the article it states that some people do not allow themselves to have fun time. This is the opposite for me. I feel as if I give myself too much fun time. This includes watching too much Netflix or going on Hurts runs with my roommate. I should manage this more. I know I need to allow myself to have fun, but it needs its limitations.

After reading the article, I have seen what changes I need to make. Hopefully I will be a better time manager and thus become a better student!

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, I thought that your take on time management was interesting. I definitely relate to finishing things later than I had expected or had planned too sometimes. As a senior I have found that I have become lazy in my time management skills and definitely need to try and work on them more! I definitely relate to giving myself too much fun time as well!

    ReplyDelete