Sunday, April 2, 2017

Reading Notes: Pattanaik's Calendar Art, Part A

I am looking forward to do a reading with a video! I have not tried that so hopefully I will like it! Right off I already enjoy the way that the videos are laid out. They explain about certain things and then explain about the people or the customs into more detail. This video makes me think a lot. There was a part that was asking about different people’s world. Which world means more? One is subjective while the other is objective. I paused the video at this point. It is important to understand what you are listening to so you can fully understand what is going on. I think that different people can have different meanings of the world. My animals are my world but so is earth. They have different meanings from one another. I feel like this is true for most everyone.

the literal world we live on


The four heads represent the four emotions of Veda which then represent four different goals of life. I could write a story on this. I think that I could have a person that literally has four different faces (one at a time is showing) and how it affects his/her life. Would people see the face and know what emotion they were going to get? Is one emotion more prominent in the person’s life? I think that this would be a different story then what I am used to. It would be fun to see where this leads me. There is a lot of creative freedom for where it could take me!


Bibliography: Seven Secrets From Hindu Calendar Art, video by Devdutt Pattanaik, online source

No comments:

Post a Comment