Monday, April 3, 2017

Reading Notes: Sacred Tales of India, Part B

After reading the title of this chapter I was intruiged. The wording of it reminded me of The Bride of Frankenstein. I wonder if there is any connection? From the beginning I do not see any.

I like that there is a lot of dialogue in this chapter. It seems like sometimes there is either too much or not enough. This seems to be the perfect amount. It adds a lot to the story that would not be there otherwise. The details that are drawn out from the language choice is nice too.

There are wishes in this story. The goddess grants them along the way. Kausik wanted to be King and he became King because the reigning ruler had died suddenly. I think that a fun story to write would be about this exchange. I would tell the story from the point of view of Kausik. This would allow me to develop character details the way that I want. I could change him up and make him really rude or be extremely nice. That is what is nice about having creative freedom. The story would start with Kausik finding the goddess and then finish once he is finally in the reign as King. Did Kausik think of his wish for long? Or did he think of it on the spot? I had this question as I was reading it. It is a very big wish to have so I am thinking that he had been thinking of it for a while.


An alternate ending to this story would be Kausik sitting in his giant chair that Kings sit in and suddenly he begins to feel an ache in his chest. Kausik would immediately fall to the ground and die. The reason for this is that someone had the same exact wish as Kausik; they wanted to be King. It is a constantly rotating ruling of the royalty. Would Kausik change his mind about being King if he knew that the same thing that he wished could happen to him?


I enjoyed the rest of the story. This part just really spoke out to me. I feel like my story could be very successful.

Bibliography: Sacred Tales of India written by Neogi, online source

No comments:

Post a Comment