Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Week 11 Story Planning: Kindness wins

I feel like after the readings this week there are a lot of different directions that I could go. There are two major stories that I feel like I could write.

The first one would follow the story of the Divine Brothers. In this story the brothers discussed what they would do if they had one wish. All of the brothers pretty much said the same thing. They said how they would want to go to their father’s house and eat a nice meal and just be at home. I was a little surprised that all of the men had a wish like this. I would have thought that old tales would include men having much larger dreams that are not as simple as going home. Anyway, the sister of the group (and the last to present the wish) said she wanted to eat and not do any work all day. This seems to be very unlikely. It is a little farfetched. She finds the serpents and are very nice to them. They serpents turn out to be divine and they could shift into anything and grant anything.



In my first story idea, I would tell it from the point of view of Lahana. Her wish is the only different one. It would follow her kindness to the serpents which would lead to her wish coming true. It would follow the original but from a different view point.

My second idea would be to tell the original story but put more of an emphasis on kindness. I feel like kindness is the main character of this story. This is important to identify. Either the story could be told from the point of view of the kindness or I could change up the story to rely more on how you treat others.  


I feel like either story will be good. I just have not decided which one to write yet.


Bibliography: Sacred Tales of India written by Neogi, online source
Kindness on Wikipedia 

1 comment:

  1. I really like your first story and how you would have it come from the point of view of Lahana! I like the idea of her wish being different from her brothers! It reminds me a little of the Little Mermaid, whose wish was different from all of the other mermaids! It might be cool if you set this story in modern day and her wish could be something outrageous! I am really looking forward to seeing what direction you go with the story!

    ReplyDelete