Monday, April 3, 2017

Reading Notes: Sacred Tales of India, Part A

I decided to read the story about the Divine Brothers. I can relate to the first brother. All that the elder brother wants to do is go to his father’s house and eat food and then sleep! I like that he is just like me. Also the sister says she wants to eat and not do any work all day long. I support that wish as well. I feel like I could write a story based on these wishes. It would be similar in the sense that a lot of the siblings have similar wishes that are not too impractical while one of them has a completely different wish. In my story one of their wishes would come true and it would tear the family apart. I have not finish this story yet so I am unaware as to what happens, but my idea either goes along with the story or would be my twist to my own story.


Okay so Lahana’s fish turned out to be serpents. I would freak out if I saw them. Snakes are kind of the worst. Also it is a bummer because she was looking forward to the fish and now she does not have them anymore. I wonder what the serpents will have in store for her? I would be a little upset as well with Lahana if I knew she was harboring snakes in the kitchen! That is gross!


Another story I could write could be based on kindness. I feel like that is a big part of this story. Lahana was kind to the snakes and then once they turned into their true self they realized how kind she was. They then wanted to do something for her in exchange. I think that this is a really important part of the book. I could write a story where a person is kind to someone or something that people may not be and then she gets something in return at the end. I think that a lot of people should take a lesson from Lahana.

Bibliography: Sacred Tales of India written by D. N. Neogi, online source

No comments:

Post a Comment