Monday, April 10, 2017

Wikipedia Trails: From Chief to French Revolution

I read the Twenty Tales of Jataka and was interested in starting my search with Chief. This is a nod to the chief dog. There are many different meanings of chief. It is mostly related to different types of rankings and leadership among military and law enforcement. Chief seems to be a term that means you are respected.

Next I went to Commander-in-chief. The commander-in-chief of the US is President Trump. This term follows the idea of civilian control of the military. There are a multitude of countries that have commander-in-chief's and everyone has different stipulations on how you get this title.

Next I went to Warlord. This name just sounded interesting to me. Being a warlord is due to the person's ability to mobilize loyal armed forces. The first use of the word warlord is from American poet Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Finally I went to the French Revolution. I honestly just tried to find the most random thing that I could. The French Revolution was when the revolution overthrew the monarchy. I lot of stuff went down. There was a lot of violence during this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment