Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 13 Reading Notes: Tales of Ancient India, Part B

When I saw the list of all the names there were a lot that looked familiar. I really liked learning about Rama, but after doing weeks of readings about him I thought that it would be best to not read about him. I chose to read about Surya.

The first paragraph is really nice. I like the way that it is written. It is descriptive and provides a lot of context as to where the story is taking place. The line that says “he was the light of his parents’ life” is really nice. It is important to admire lines like this in ancient stories. Sometimes the children in these types of stories do not get the love and admiration that they need. If I wanted to do something very different, I could take this one line and create my own story from it. It would allow me to be very creative and take it pretty much anywhere I want to go.


It makes me sad to see Surya and Sangna separated. When he realizes that he was betrayed it was powerful. The reader can tell how sad he is that he was betrayed. The fact that he pushed Chhaya out of the car speaks for himself. He searches for her so much he probably was losing hope. I know what it is like to love someone so much and to have them be away from you. When you are looking for them it can be difficult because you don’t know if you will ever see them again. I could write a story on this. It would be between a human and their dog. The human would portay Surya while the dog would portray Sangna. The dog would run away from the human and the human would do anything possible to get the dog back. It would be a very similar to the original story, just with the twist of having it be between a dog and a human.



Bibliography: Tales of Ancient India written by Edmund Charles Cox, online source

No comments:

Post a Comment